Well, folks, it's been over a year since I began the "PSYCHOBITCHES" project. As of yesterday, I can proudly say that I've written and composed all nine tracks to the earth-breaking album. I will begin recording vocals today as well as work on mastering throughout the remainder of time before the album's release on September 23rd.
I'm also doing a music video for the album's opening track, "Misanthropy". The video will also likely be a lyrics video and will be my first large-scale video project in several years. With a working track length of 3:21, it should be relatively easy. I had plans to do a conceptual video for "Unravel", but I've since tossed that aside. I might instead do a video for "Hate Myself But". There is also a good chance of there being a DVD for the album, which will be released online instead of on an actual disc.
"Shoot Yourself", the ending track of the album, was so absurdly liked by electronica and house artist Anton Radke that he wanted to remix it. (I know, I don't understand either, but exciting nonetheless.) I got to hear a sample of it and I've got to say, it's pretty catchy. It's more palatable than the original song, aha.
All of this comes at once and I feel somewhat fatigued in its volume but also relieved in its significance. This album has been in the making for more than a year now. Although we released it years later, "Black, White, and the Red You." in truth only took a few months to write, and rightly so--it was our first album. So turned off at each other were we that we parted ways, and so this is also my first solo album. Everything here is mine, and it comes from me alone. That said, this means a lot--and it means a lot to me.
I might take a week-long nap or something before I get back to work on this, but my excitement has been nonstop since the beginning of this year. Hopefully, in the ninth month of this year, I can release all nine tracks to you all.
The album will be made available for streaming and download on many sites, such as SoundCloud, Bandcamp, YouTube, Mediafire, 4shared, and other sites as well. All completely free of charge, naturally, although I'll leave a payment option up for those Good Samaritans who want to support me for absolutely no reason. Hell, I'll put you guys in the bonus credits of the next album.
Now to get to business. I'm ready to start this already.
No comments:
Post a Comment