You know, there's just something really special about my music. I mean, I want to work with others, and I'm actually forming a band right now, but sometimes, it's nice to go in and do a solo project. It's one thing to form a heart with others. I've never done that before and I want to. But for me, when I go up there and take something that isn't influenced by anyone else, something straight from my own heart, that's when I can really be the most honest.
I think that, to me, "Goodnight" was one of my most personal songs. Unlike other songs, where bits and pieces of it were littered with pieces of my heart, I think I really gave that song my all. The kind of passion that goes into something like that is just powerful. It was kind of like "Black, White, and the Red You.". That was my first album, and that was with 06-P, but I feel now like my heart isn't now where it was then. It was great working with her and doing that project with her. It was so much fun. I loved being able to do something like that. And the namesake song on the album, I feel, is where I belong. It was 100% me, inside and out, for both me AND that song.
There's just something really great about sitting down and finding that place inside of you that makes you move, helps you get through life, and to harness that, and to turn that into music, into something tangible. It's really a great and personal thing. When you listen to songs like that, it you aren't listening to CCC-P anymore or anything from the album, or even the song itself, really. It's more like, when you listen to a song like that, that's when you can hear the heart speaking. And, to me, that's why I'll never stop giving it my all, giving from within, from the deepest part of me, to make the best music I can, until I'm bleeding doing it, to give you guys the best sound my heart can muster.
No comments:
Post a Comment